18 year old Kaden Lamont's life went from going to
college, working, and playing hockey to being
hospitalized for 30 days and given a diagnosis of
Acute Myeloid Leukemia. On Feb. 17, after having
blood tests performed, he was told to head to the
hospital immediately. Upon arrival, he received a
blood transfusion requiring 3 bags of blood. Kaden and his family are
forever grateful for Canadian Blood Services.
Donations will be accepted at
Windsor Donor Centre
3909 Grand Marais Rd E
Thursday, Oct 13
11:00 am - 7:00 pm
To book your appointment visit blood.ca today
To ensure that your group donation is a success we ask that you share the important information below and attached with your potential donors…
- Donors must be 17 years or older, in good general health, meet our height and weight requirements and other eligibility requirements.
- It’s important that all donors bring a government-issued ID (drivers license, health card, or passport) or their Canadian Blood Services ID.
- It’s helpful for donors to bring a list of current medication (if applicable) as some varieties may interfere with the donation process.
- Donors are highly encouraged to drink plenty of water and eat a salty snack before donating.
- Interested donors can review the Donor Questionnaire on our website – blood.ca/questionnaire
- Any donors who have medical inquiries can call 1 888 2 DONATE (1 888 236-6283) and ask to speak to an information nurse.