XIII. Police Vulnerable Sector Check
Police Vulnerable Sector Checks are an essential part of this Association’s ongoing management of volunteers. They are required for the following individuals;
1) Board Members, Coaches, Trainers, Managers, Assistants, Parent Liaisons, On-Ice-Helpers, Convenors.
2) Those responsible for handling funds either for a team, or other Association related functions.
3) All other WMHA volunteers who come in direct contact with players on a consistent basis.
A. Criteria for acceptance as volunteer with WMHA:
1) Applicants who have charges pending relating to criminal offences involving a child(ren) will not be able to participate in any capacity within the WMHA.
2) Applicants who have been convicted of a criminal offence against a child(ren) will not be allowed to participate in any capacity within theWMHA.
3) Applicants, who in the opinion of the WMHA President, who have charges pending or convictions registered for criminal offences and it is believed that it is not in the best interests to have the applicant volunteer with the WMHA, the applicant will be refused participation in any capacity within the WMHA.
4) If an applicant is not allowed to participate with the WMHA, the applicant will be notified as to the reasons why.
5) Any applicant who is refused participation may appeal to the Board in writing
6) All applicants who, at any time, are charged or convicted of a criminal offence or an offence involving a breach of trust or where the safety of children is compromised shall notify the designated WMHA Executive Member immediately.
B. Submission of Police Vulnerable Sector Checks:
1) Police Vulnerable Sector Checks must be submitted to the designated WMHA Executive Member in a sealed envelope. A copy of the said Clearance is to be retained by the individual. Failure to submit a Police Clearance will result in the removal of the individual from their position within the WMHA pending acceptance of the Police Clearance.
2). The WMHA may request a volunteer apply for a Police Vulnerable Sector Check at any time.
Police Vulnerable Sector Check Information
Police Vulnerable Sector Check Instructions
Police Vulnerable Sector Check Form